Young adults may now apply for the 2013 class of Mission Interns and US-2s. Feb. 15 is the deadline to submit application materials for these long-term mission assignments through the United Methodist General Board of Global Ministries.
Mission Interns will now commit to 25 months of service that include 20 months of international service, followed by two and a half months of integration and interpretation in their home country. US-2s will continue to commit to two years of service in the United States.
Young adults are encouraged prayerfully to consider applying for these programs if they:
- are between the ages of 20 and 30,
- have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience,
- feel called to address the root causes of injustice,
- are open to new settings and new perspectives,
- want hands-on experience living in Christian community, and
- feel called to serve with, not to or for others.
Organizations interested in being a placement site are encouraged to apply before March 24.
For more information and an application, please email the young adult mission service office. Please share this information with any young people whom you think might be interested.
The full press release includes program details and is available on the Global Ministries website www.umcmission.org.
BE A GLOBAL JUSTICE VOLUNTEER!!
Global Justice Volunteers are change makers who immerse themselves in new cultural contexts, engage critical social justice issues, and ground themselves in theological reflection.
• Global Justice Volunteers spend 10 weeks June- August in community service
• Volunteers are ages 18-30
• Small team of volunteers work alongside community organizations and/or community ministries
• Volunteers engage a range of social justice issues such as migration & human trafficking, poverty, community based health care, education, and gender equity….
• Volunteers may serve in Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, or North America depending on availability and proper match
• Training will be provided prior to service
• Orientation will be provided by the host site upon arrival
Global Justice Volunteers is based on a philosophy of mutuality in mission—mission with, not mission to or for others. The program provides opportunities for cross-cultural exposure, learning, and service. The Global Justice Volunteers Program is a short term service opportunity designed for young adults ages 18-30. Small teams of volunteers will spend 10 weeks of their summer learning and working alongside local communities exploring the role and responsibility of the church to engage in mission, ministry, and service which seeks to transform our world into a more just place.
Candidate Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
Placement Site Application Deadline: February 8, 2013
Participant Notification: March 8, 2013
Program Dates: June 8 – August 11, 2013
Orientation: June 8 – June 15, 2012
Service Internship: June 15 – August 11, 2012
contact Kendra Dunbar at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.