Keller United Methodist Church
1025 Johnson Road, Keller, TX 76248
Contact: Lynne Rhodes, Director of Youth Ministries
Keller UMC and The Learning Center of North Texas present
Learning Difference Training
September 8th, 2012
1025 Johnson Road, Keller TX 76248
Registration/check-in begins at 2:00pm
Training and group sessions begin at 2:30pm
Please join us for snacks and refreshments following our 4:30 wrap-up.
Who should attend this training opportunity?
- Anyone who volunteers to work with or teach others in a class or small group setting
- Anyone who works in an education environment
- Anyone who wishes to gain more information about disabilities and learning differences
- Anyone who is the parent of a child and has questions
- Anyone who volunteers with youth or children
- Your friends, neighbors, teachers, parents, church workers from neighboring churches and anyone else you can think of who could benefit from this information.
The seminar will include an overview of learning differences.
- Do’s and don’ts with disruptive children
- Characteristics of persons with learning differences
- Strategies for becoming an effective volunteer
We hope you will join us for this amazing opportunity. There is no charge to attend and we guarantee you will walk away with a wealth of helpful new knowledge.
All Sunday school leaders and small group facilitators are encouraged to attend.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot and materials.